Monday, April 6, 2015

Kim's view...


My experience in Todos Santos was something I will always remember....


My first day was very overwhelming, the chairs were lined with people, children and of course their pets. I was sure we would be there for the night, doing vaccines and surgeries, but by 6 p.m. the team had finished.  It didn’t seem possible, but then I realized it would happen again every day for a week. By midweek routines were down and it was like a fine running machine.  At that point I was able to begin truly enjoying everything about Todas Sandos. The country side is beautiful, and though their way of life is far different than my own, there was always a wave, hola and a smile! The children to me are little gems.  A simple sticker lights up their faces...I can’t express enough how they warmed my heart and made me realize we should all be thankful for what we have, should it be little or a lot! Our mission was to educate the people about pet care, spay/neuter and vaccinate their pets. By Friday afternoon our lines were gone and we had accomplished our goal! I met some of the nicest people that made up our volunteer team, and I can’t thank them all enough for making it memorable.-- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment