Monday, February 17, 2014

a report sent from the team...



Today is our forth day of spaying/neutering and vaccinating the pets here in Todos Santos.  They have been long days starting at 6am and ending at 5pm.  Although I am happy to report our showers have all been HOT!  With propane showers this year in our hotel rooms, life in Todos Santos has been more comfortable. We have already exceeded the numbers of surgeries and rabies from last year.   The numbers are astonishing, and it is nice to see the local people understanding the need for rabies control and dog population.  It is great to see familar faces and dogs as we walk. The locals are so thankful for the work we do.  I have 3 children that visit me every day after school.  They only speak Spanish and love to repeat every word I say in English.   I have started to teach them our Canadian anthem.  The joy these kids get from us visiting is contagious.  I love seeing them smile. -Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment